Yum

Chicken Inasal #StreetFood

2 comments


Streets all thoughout the Philippines usually sell grilled chicken and BBQ.


For the marinade

1 kilo of chicken thighs and legs
lots of minced ginger
minced garlic
good native vinegar
calamansi
8 stalks chopped lemongrass
rock salt and cracked black pepper to season

For the basting sauce

1 tub of Star margarine
1 tablespoon achuete oil for color
cracked black pepper

For the achuete oil

several tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of achuete

Procedures:

1) Make the marinade: Put chicken in a bowl. Add ginger, garlic, good native vinegar, calamansi, lemongrass, rock salt, and pepper. Marinate 1 hour, stirring to coat chicken pieces evenly.

2) Meanwhile, make the basting sauce: Melt margarine in a small saucepan over low flame, adding achuete oil for color and cracked black pepper. Barbecue the chicken over medium to low flames until fully cooked, basting chicken several times with the margarine mixture.

3) Make achuete oil: heat vegetable oil, drop in achuete, and turn the fire off after a minute or so. Let the oil absorb the intense orange-red color and strain away the solids.

4) Serves 4 - 6




2 comments:

  1. I?m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but
    your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead
    and bookmark your site to come back down the road.
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew
    of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time
    and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    ReplyDelete

All RightsReserved@Fernando Lachica 2014. Powered by Blogger.